After having a little time to recover from my show in Oklahoma, I'm back on the road. Next stop, Omaha! I'll be at Barley Street Tavern in Omaha, Nebraska this Saturday at 9PM! I'm looking forward to checking out @theomahazoo as well while I'm in town. See you there, folks! 🎙
Earlier this week, the lovely @guidedspirit helped me see that I’ve been giving away A LOT of my energy. This helped me understand why I’ve noticed feelings of resentment creeping into my life recently.
I’ve learned that resentment, for me, tends to come from thoughts that life is not fair. That I’m not appreciated. And I’m sure none of you can relate. 😉
Allow me to share my current practice of emotional experience with you.
1. Name the emotion (as specifically as possible) and notice how it feels in your body. All emotions are energy in motion.
2. Allow the emotion. Sit with it. Don’t fight it or question it. Let it move all the way through the body.
3. Now get curious.
4. What thought(s) brought this emotion on? If you haven’t learned by now…it’s ALWAYS a thought.
5. Examine the thought(s). Ask if it is helpful, true, etc.
6. Decide if you’d like to choose another thought (that could be equally as true) that will help you feel differently.
7. Decide if you’d like to make an action plan.
I find the last two steps so empowering. They put me in the driver seat of my life.
I decide what I want to think and believe (regardless of what others want me to think and believe). I decide whether or not I want to take compassionate action to improve my situation.
This is living life on purpose.